The Fastest Way to Memorize Human Anatomy

A friend of mine was a bit of a slacker -you know the type, slow to study, always ready for the next party but never ready to buckle down. He came to me one night panicking over the next day's test which he hadn't studied for. He said his parents would disown him if he flunked. So I helped him out by teaching him some mnemonics I'd been using to prepare for the test myself.

Mnemonic is just a fancy word for memory aid, you may have heard it once or twice. Mnemonics are particularly useful for trying to absorb complex information, which makes them perfect for memorizing human anatomy. I've yet to come across any other method that works half as fast. Books aren't easy to refer to over and over, and mnemonics use the tools your mind is naturally equipped with. Makes a lot of sense to me, and he seemed to pick it up fast too.

Before he went back to his dorm, I gave him a pop quiz. He'd had a lot of trouble with the muscular system in particular, so I asked him to name the rotator cuff muscles. He remembered one of the mnemonics I showed him and said "The SITS muscles!". Seems like a funny thing to say, but within this mnemonic lies the answer, which he then followed with. It's a clever acronym. SITS --Supraspinatus, Infraspinatus, Teres minor and Subscapularis. We both had a laugh and agreed that it's unbelievably fast to learn and easy to remember. He'd been attending lectures for weeks and still couldn't remember all of the muscles until I taught him that simple phrase. He was chuffed to find a fast way to memorize anatomy.

A few of my other classmates were also struggling with their studies, so I decided to use my microphone to record some of the more complex mnemonics I knew and shared the recordings with them. All of us ended up graduating, and we have some fun using the acronyms together. Most importantly, we know what we're talking about -it's hard to forget. In my experience, mnemonics have proven to be the fastest way to memorize human anatomy.

Discover a proven system to memorize anatomy the easy way. To get started all you have to do is click here.